Friday, July 29, 2011

Neste Oil Rally 2011

Yep, it's that time of the year again and I went yesterday. I woke up around 2:30 am after about 3 hours of sleep and left home around 4:30 am for Jämsä where my brother and his wife were staying in a camping site. From there we drove to Jyväskylä.
It was a little bit different going to the rally on the first day. Not as much walking as we only went to two locations to see the race. I usually go on the second or the third day, but this year I couldn't make it today or tomorrow. But I had a good time, and I got to practice my rally-photography. First time with my DSLR and I practiced the panning technique again. :)

The day started with a beautiful sunrise. Although the sun did look 4 times larger and totally red in real life.

It's nice driving so early in the morning - you can step on the breaks whenever you want
if you see something pretty ahead.


The official Rally-dog says "Good morning!" :)
(Notice the proper Finn-scarf.)
(This I took with my phone)
So this is what I was doing at first (and what I have done in the previous years)
and kept thinking how boring the photos looked.


And then....a little more SPEED! :)



IMG_4716

My big brother with my old and faithful companion. :)

Over 10 helicopters landed behind us on the field. She was observing them...

(...and certainly not the cookie in my sister-in-law's hand ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment