Thursday, December 1, 2011

My best shot 2011

At the end of each year, Flickr set's up a "Your best shot 20xx" group, and they post photos from it in the Flickr blog. It's quite fun to look through your photos from the past year and try to figure out which one you consider the very best. I have posted a photo in these groups in the past two years and I think every time I have gotten stuck on two candidates - as I have once again. These are the ones that are fighting  for the "big title" this year:

Stay with me...
The last concert I'm probably ever going to see by The Ark. An end of an era, and the first time in a concert with a DSLR (so perhaps also a beginning of one). I love this photo because it's practically almost straight out of the camera. The lights created such an amazing atmosphere and I managed to capture it. Ola was performing their song Stay With Me and this atmosphere was perfect for it (well, obviously).


Kiss
This past fall I've overcome a little bit of my fear of shooting people/portraits, and a huge thank you for that belongs to Heidi and Sina. This photo was from my second big step towards...well, not being so afraid anymore. This was Sina's first time modelling and she did a splendid job - she and her lovely dog, Nasu. I may come back to this photo after a year or two and think I overdid the processing, but I think the old postcard look suited this image well. I imagined it's a portrait of a girl whose lover is fighting in a war overseas somewhere (hence the 'postcard'). Or something...:)

So there you go. I'm going to keep thinking this through and I'd love to hear your verdicts and opinions. Which one do you like better?


No comments:

Post a Comment